31 Mar Driving Feng Shui into The Garage To Enhance Your Well-Being
Although often treated as though it has little impact on a family’s life, in Feng Shui the garage can have an enormous influence. From money and relationships, to health and well-being, the garage may affect in positive or negative ways. Even if the garage is detached from the house, it can still be instrumental in making a person or family feel welcome or feel disconnected.
Feng Shui is based on the principle that your space reflects your life. Since the garage is typically the first place you see when you come home, its condition can significantly influence how you feel about your home in general and correspondingly about your life.
Here are 5 tips for enhancing the garage’s impact in a positive way….
1. Remove clutter. The original intention for a garage was for storing a car or two. Instead it has become a dumping ground for things that don’t seem to fit in the house, items that have no other place to be, and junk that should be thrown out.
2. Have adequate and appropriate storage. Items and boxes can certainly be stored in the garage but they should be accessible so you can find what you want without going through piles of stuff. Storing your things is efficient not to mention time-saving.
3. Don’t forget about the floor. Sweeping out the garage from time-to-time is important to maintain a positive Feng Shui flow. If it’s in poor condition, consider getting it repaired. Painting a garage floor makes it easier to maintain and don’t rule out the possibility of installing indoor-outdoor carpeting in the garage.
4. Place something inspirational in the garage. If the garage is your first connection to your home, place something in there that will be an appropriate welcome. Painting the walls, hanging a poster or a mobile can all lift your spirits when you arrive home.
5. Make sure it all works. Fix light bulbs that burn out. Make sure all doors going in and out of the garage open easily, even secondary ones. Oil the tracks of the overhead door from time to time.
From a Feng Shui perspective, taking care of your garage is a statement about taking care of your space and therefore taking care of yourself. By making the garage the best that it can be, you may bring about some surprising changes that could enhance the quality of your life and make you the best that you can be.